Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Miss Universe: "They like, totally stole my blog!"


The original of reigning Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza's controversial "gushing on Gitmo" blog entry is gone. It vanished from the Miss Universe website, according to the New York Times Lede blog, and been replaced by a dry and official-sounding statement about the visit :
An enthusiastic first-person account by the reigning Miss Universe, Dayana Mendoza, of her visit to the United States naval base and detention facility at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba last week has been removed from her blog, two days after The Lede first reported the March 27 post, and a day after it was reported on by Reuters and The Associated Press and excerpted on Web sites around the world.
The original text of her "Gitmo gush" blog entry is available at the New York Times here.

In response, Dayana Mendoza exclaimed:

Oh my God! They like, totally stole my blog! At least I still have my crown and trophy. If I lost those....Oh my God!

I'm totally holding on to them so I don't looose them!

And like, please dooon't kill me just because I'm beautiful!


Hey missy, come "reign" on my parade anytime you want...but don't write any reviews if you visit my favorite torture camp--my former high school.

--
Photo credit:
Gaye Gerard/Getty Images via New York Times Lede blog

No comments:

Post a Comment